Essential HubSpot Accessibility Guidelines for Websites (2023)
It’s very rare for businesses to still have to build complex internal systems to run core processes when there are so many third-party services available – HubSpot being a prime example
Regardless of the services you choose to use to manage and grow your business, it’s important to keep accessibility top of mind.
In this guide, we focus on HubSpot accessibility and provide you with some essential guidelines that will help you create a compliant website.
For additional general information, we also recommend you read this guide to achieving ADA compliance.
HubSpot is an impressive platform – the selection of tools and integrations offered on the site help businesses manage sales and marketing functions, customer service, and even content management.
Here are the tools you can take advantage of as a HubSpot customer:
- Marketing Hub. Grow your website traffic and convert more visitors using lead generation, marketing automation, and analytics features.
- Sales Hub. This advanced CRM software is designed to provide businesses with in-depth insights into prospects, while also automating tasks such as payments and meetings.
- Service Hub. If your team needs help connecting with and assisting customers, HubSpot can help you do that using tickets and knowledge base features.
- Content Management Hub. Choose from a series of themes and use an easy drag-and-drop editor to create an SEO and user-friendly website.
- Operations Hub. Lastly, HubSpot also offers software that cleans and curates customer data, ensuring your systems and teams are better integrated.
So, let’s get into the question of whether HubSpot is ADA compliant.
HubSpot does prioritize accessibility and encourages its users to do the same. However, website owners and developers are still fully responsible for ensuring their sites are accessible and ADA compliant.
When using HubSpot, you’re encouraged to choose themes and designs that are accessible. It’s also important to take additional steps during the development process to ensure your site meets WCAG and ADA requirements.
If you’ve already developed your site using HubSpot, you can test for accessibility using an ADA compliance checker.
These tools test your site according to the latest WCAG requirements. Once your site has been scanned, you will receive a report with an accessibility score and detailed feedback on what was found. In most instances, these reports are easy to understand, but you may also require the assistance of a developer.
If your site passes the tests, all that’s required is for you to maintain your website. However, if accessibility issues are identified, you may need to restructure your site and fix any underlying problems that would lead to non-compliance.
Next, let’s delve into the best practices you should follow to create an accessible HubSpot website.
The best way to create an accessible base for your site is to select a template that was created with accessibility in mind. You can usually tell whether a theme developer has taken WCAG requirements into account when they mention it in the theme description.
There is also the option of making manual adjustments to your website. This means you need to have a full understanding of WCAG and ADA requirements and know how to make the adjustments to your site. If you’re a developer, this might not be a problem. However, regardless of whether you’re a developer or the website owner, know that a manual approach is the most time-consuming and costly.
Some of the changes you would need to make include adjusting color contrast ratios, adding text alternatives to your images, and ensuring your site’s structure and functionality are compatible with assistive technology.
One of the easiest ways to make your HubSpot site accessible is to use a third-party accessibility solution. Many of these solutions scan and automatically correct any issues that are present on your site, which saves you a lot of time and hassle.
Other solutions incorporate both automatic and manual remediation, ensuring you don’t miss out on any essential fixes.
Our top recommended solutions for HubSpot accessibility are:
- accessiBe. This affordable and efficient AI-powered tool only takes two minutes to install and will leave you with a fully compliant HubSpot website.
- UserWay. UserWay’s powerful widget will instantly add an accessibility interface to your website, giving users the option to alter your site according to their needs.
- Essential Accessibility. This platform uses a combination of technology and people to help site owners comply with the latest WCAG and ADA requirements.
- Section 508 Compliant
Get started with your website’s accessibilty with accessiBe’s easy to use features and technology.
- Account managers available to guide you through the product, pricing, and any questions you may have
- Fast turnaround with a 5 min installation, and 48-hour compliance process
- 100,000+ clients use accessiBe including legal and government organizations
- Includes accessibility statement and certification
- Built specifically for websites and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs)- some web apps might not be compatible
While platforms such as HubSpot simplify many business processes, it’s still your responsibility to prioritize accessibility.
Not only are you meeting legal compliance requirements, but you are creating a more inclusive experience for all of your customers.
With these HubSpot accessibility guidelines and recommended solutions in hand, building an accessible website has never been easier.
Find out whether your HubSpot website is accessible or not by conducting a test on Accessibility Checker
Enhance Your Accessibility Knowledge
Learn more about accessibility and WCAG compliance with these recommended blogs:
Scan your website for accessibility related issues for free
Do you manage HubSpot websites for clients? Join our accessibility solutions partner programs to benefit from exclusive offers while making client websites accessible and ADA compliant.